Water Injury Lawyers: Pool Chemical Accidents
The addition of pool chemicals to public and private pools and spas is an important and necessary action to ensure that dangerous bacteria and parasites cannot survive in the water and cause serious injuries to swimmers. In most cases, when these powerful pool chemicals are administered to pool or spa water according to directions, bacteria and parasites are eliminated while swimmers remain safe. These same pool chemicals, however, can themselves become the source of serious burns and other injuries to swimmers.
Have you or a loved one been injured by pool chemicals? You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries through a pool chemical accident lawsuit. The law firm of Zinda Law Group can evaluate the facts of your circumstances, determine if you may be entitled to compensation, and help you obtain such compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
Types of Pool Chemical Accidents
Pool chemicals should always come with instructions on how they are to be used in pools and spas. These instructions should always indicate the proper amount of pool chemicals for the volume of water present in the pool or spa. These instructions must be followed exactly or injury to others can result. In fact, there are a variety of ways by which swimmers and others who use pools and spas can be injured by pool chemicals:
- Adding an improper amount of chemicals to the pool can cause serious chemical burns to swimmers
- If too little chemicals are added to the pool or spa, it may leave dangerous bacteria or parasites present in the pool that can cause serious illnesses
- If chemicals are not stored properly, chemical fumes can leak and cause respiratory injuries
- Chemical-laden pool or spa water that is accidentally ingested – or pool chemicals that are improperly stored and ingested by children – can cause life-threatening internal injuries
A pool chemical’s manufacturer may also be to blame for a pool chemical injury if the chemical is distributed with incorrect or inadequate instructions. A manufacturer may also be liable for compensating injury victims if the chemical is dangerous and causes injuries even when it is used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
How Do I Recover Compensation for Pool Chemical Injuries?
Recovering compensation after a pool chemical accident is not an easy task, even if you believe the facts and circumstances of your case are clear and straightforward. Your pool chemical accident attorney will work with you to:
- Identify important eyewitnesses and experts who can describe how you sustained your injuries and whether these injuries are consistent with pool chemical accidents;
- Collect documents like your medical records, warnings, notes and other documents pertaining to the pool chemical that caused your injuries;
- Evaluate any settlement offers made by the at-fault party or parties and determine whether to accept a settlement offer, counter with a settlement offer of your own, or take your case to trial;
- Ensure your pool chemical accident lawsuit is timely filed and is resolved in a reasonable amount of time; and
- Protect your legal rights at all stages of your case.
Contact a Pool Chemical Accident Lawyer at Zinda Law Group
It is important that you retain the services of an attorney who has experience in handling pool chemical accidents after you or a loved one have been injured. The attorneys at Zinda Law Group have represented numerous clients injured in dangerous pool chemical accidents as well as other pool related incidents. Contact the offices of Zinda Law Group for legal assistance with your pool accident injury case by calling (800) 863-5312. We offer free consultations with an attorney and you only pay us if we win.